Whether you’re attending a private New Year’s party or heading for the big event in Trafalgar Square, getting home from your New Year celebrations is going to be easy.
From 23.45 to 04.00 on New Year’s Day, public transport in London will be free. All tube, bus, DLR and tram services will be free together with some national rail services (ie overground), these being;
- Liverpool Street to Shenfield,
- Liverpool Street to Enfield
- Paddington to Slough
- Paddington to Hayes and Harlington
- Victoria to East Croydon
- Victoria to Orpington
- Charing Cross to Beckenham Junction via Lewisham
- Charing Cross to Dartford via Sidcup, Bexleyheath or Greenwich
There’s going to be a great fireworks display on the Thames, so stations such as Charing Cross and Waterloo will be particularly busy – remember to get there in good time!
If you want more information on holiday services, Transport for London has a helpful pdf.